Good morning people! Don’t you just like on the go breakfast? I do.
I made some muffins for breakfast, and they are not ordinary muffins, they are Honey Zucchini Morning Muffins.
I love these muffins for many reasons. One they taste good, but if it didn’t I wouldn’t have shared it with you would I? Two, having these muffins early in the morning make me feel happy, sugar makes everyone happy,
Three, there’s vegetable in these muffins, although you won’t taste it, but adding zucchini and honey did make these muffins healthy, which is the fourth reason why I like these muffins, and with nuts on top, yum!
Each muffin has 152 calories only, so you can enjoy your muffin in the morning and have room for milk, fruit, sausage, or low fat yogurt. Now you know why I like these breakfast muffins.
Oh!! One more thing, these delicious and healthy muffins, stay moist for days 😉
Honey Zucchini Muffins
Makes 12 muffins. 152 calories per muffin.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup oil
1/3 cup milk
3 tablespoon honey
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 medium zucchini shredded – 1/2 to 3/4 cup
– Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
– In a bowl, add the egg, sugar, honey, milk, vanilla, and oil, Beat until well combined.
– Add the zucchini to previous mixture and mix well using a spatula.
– Sift flour with salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add to the wet mixture. Stir gently using a spatula. Over mixing will result in tough and chewy muffins. Don’t mind the lumps if there were any.
– Pour the batter in greased and floured muffin tin. Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top and bake for 15 – 18 minutes.