After tasting Havarti cheese from Arla Dofino, and using it in my Cheesy Breakfast Casserole, I've decided to create another light and delicious delight for breakfast. Havarti and Mint Crescent Rolls.
The mint and cheese combination was amazing! My family loved it, in fact, my sister was home when I was baking the rolls and she ended up taking some with her.
The rolls were soft, light, and the gooey Havarti cheese made it irresistible.
Now that you know the number of calories in each roll, you can indulge and not feel guilty about it.
These rolls are great with coffee or warm milk.
Let's get baking!
Havarti and Mint Crescent Rolls
Makes 8. 120 calories per roll.
1 cup all purpose flour
¼ cup whole-wheat flour
½ cup warm water
2 teaspoon sugar
1 ½ teaspoon dry active yeast
2 teaspoon olive oil
¼ teaspoon salt
84gm (3oz) havarti cheese
2 tablespoon dried mint
- One egg beaten with two-tablespoon water.
Making the dough:
- Mix water with sugar and yeast, keep aside for 10 minutes until it forms foam.
- In a different bowl, mix all purpose flour and whole-wheat flour with salt.
- Add the olive oil to the flour, gradually add the yeast mixture, and knead until you get smooth and not sticky dough.
- Cover the dough and let it rise for at least one hour and half.
Making the stuffed crescent:
- Lightly flour the working surface. Roll out the dough into a circle.
- Cut into eight equal triangle.
- Place around a teaspoon of the Havarti cheese on the base of the triangle topping it with ¼ teaspoon dried mint. (You can add more cheese if you wish)
- Start from the base and roll the triangle up. Bend the edges inward to create a crescent like shape.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper or just grease it a little. Place the crescents on baking sheet, cover, and let it rise again for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F.
- Lightly brush the crescents with egg wash and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.