I have posted many breakfast ideas on my blog, and I like to come up with something different every now and then. At times I fail (I’m only human), but sometimes I hit the Jackpot!
Then I thought, why not add some to my French toast!
I have used Golden Girl Granola in this recipe only because it tastes wonderful and homemade, also they have different flavors to choose from. However, you can use any granola you like.
Granola French Toast
- 1 leveled tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 slices of whole wheat bread you can use white of course
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cup granola any flavor you like
- Butter or oil to fry the French toast
- Add the granola to a plate and keep aside.
- In a bowl, beat one egg then add the flour and beat until combined. Add the rest of ingredients (Except the bread) and beat/whisk well.
- Soak the bread in the previous mixture, then transfer the soaked bread to the granola plate and cover both sides with granola.
- Heat a frying pan add butter or oil, and cook the French toast on medium low heat until golden brown.