Weekdays are not the time for me to indulge in fancy breakfast. I’m either rushing to reach somewhere, or got something to do in the house and that alone suppresses appetite.
However, weekends are different, and I have promised myself to give me, a me time at least on weekends.
Being a mom is a 24 hour job, so I need the pampering often. What I’m sharing today is actually my breakfast, and I think I deserve it.
If you are worried about the butter and the caramel here, then I should tell you that the caramel sauce serves two, and I didn’t go crazy and had it all.
Before getting to the recipe, there is something Williams Sonoma want to giveaway, a Microplane® Elite Series Grater.
- Hand-held grater allow you to grate or shred a variety of foods.
- Fine grater zests citrus fruits, grates nutmeg and hard cheeses.
- Curved surfaces provide better contact.
- Cover doubles as a receptacle holding up to 1 cup and is marked with US and metric measurements.
- Razor-sharp stainless-steel teeth.
- One-piece construction.
- Soft-grip handles ensure a firm, comfortable hold.
- Dishwasher safe.
- 3″ wide, 11″ long.
To enter this giveaway all you have to do is :
Like the sponsor of this giveaway on
- 2 medium slices bread
- 2 medium eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon butter or oil to shallow fry
For the caramel
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon water
- 1 small banana sliced
- Beat the eggs with milk and sugar.
- Dip both side of bread in previous mixture.
- Heat medium frying pan, add butter or oil, when hot fry the toast.
- Keep heat on medium low, this way the egg mixture will cook evenly.
- When both sides are golden brown, remove from heat and plate.
To make the caramel
- To hot pan, add butter, water, and sugar. Bring to boil over medium heat.
- Boil for 3 minutes or until sauce becomes thicker.
- Remove from heat. Add banana slices to sauce. Cover and set aside for 2 minutes.
- Pour the caramel and bananas over the French toast and enjoy.