The most delicious and easy to make for breakfast, Fluffy Lemon Pancakes. I try to add new flavors to my pancakes to break the routine. Pancakes can come in different flavors just like cakes.
This time, I made my pancakes with lemon and lemon syrup, I’ve tried to keep the taste of lemon mild since it’s in both the pancake and syrup. of course you can always add more lemon if you fancy extra lemony flavor.
Fluffy Lemon Pancakes.
These pancakes stay moist and fluffy until the next day! Always use fresh lemon.
Enjoy this fluffy lemony and delicious pancake for breakfast, or anytime you crave it 🙂
Fluffy Lemon Pancakes and SyrupPrint Rate
- *** For pancakes:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- ***For the syrup:
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- *** For the pancakes:
- Sift flour with salt and baking powder, keep aside.
- In a different bowl, add rest of the ingredients and beat well until sugar dissolves.
- Make a well in the flour and pour the wet mixture into the well.
- Whisk gently and for no longer than 11 seconds. There will be few lumps but that's alright, over mixing won't make your pancakes fluffy.
- Heat your pan, if not using nonstick add few drops of oil or a teaspoon of butter.
- Add 1/4 cup of batter in the pan, let it cook until bubbles forms.
- Flip the pancake and let it cook on the other side for around 50 seconds to a minute.
- Serve warm.
- *** For the syrup:
- In a saucepan, add all ingredients and let it boil.
- When the amount of the syrup reduces to the thickness you desire, remove from heat.
- For more lemony flavor, add two slices of lemon to the syrup while it's hot.
* Remember the syrup will get thicker after it cools down, hence, don’t let it get too thick while it’s cooking.