After making few eggless desserts, my friends asked me to create eggless pancake. The challenge was to keep it fluffy, make it healthier, and the taste should be if not the same then better than the regular pancake. So I made Eggless Vanilla Pancake!
If you are a foodie, you know that you are blessed, not only with cooking skills, but also the fact that you can create any dish you want since you are familiar with how combination of ingredients work together.
Eggless Vanilla Pancakes
Makes 7 pancakes. 86 calories per pancake.
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup quick oats flour
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of salt
– To make the oats flour, take half a cup of quick oats, add to a food processor, ground until it form a flour like consistency.
– In a bowl, whisk together flour, oats flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch. Keep aside.
– In a different bowl, mix milk with sugar, and vanilla until the sugar dissolves.
– Pour previous mixture on the dry ingredients and mix gently. Do not over mix, and ignore any lumps.
– Heat the pan (I used non-stick pan), pour 1/4 cup from the batter in the pan, keep the heat medium low.
– When bubbles appear and the bottom is light brown, flip the pancake and cook on the other side for one or two minutes.
– Serve hot, with your favorite toppings.