They say starting your day with good breakfast has a great impact on how the rest of your day will be. I agree, and that’s the reason why I like to be creative with my breakfast, and what better way to start your morning than with some chocolate, and I mean my Chocolate Oats Pancake!
But today I feel good and energetic since I’ve fueled/filled myself with these yummy Chocolate Oats Pancakes. These pancakes are fluffy, and chocolaty, in fact it is everything you want in a chocolate cake, I kid you not!
**I have not included the chocolate drizzle (I’ve used Nutella) nor the slices of bananas in the calorie count. So please make healthy choices when choosing the toppings for your pancakes!
Chocolate Oats Pancake
Makes 6 pancakes. 117 calories per pancake.
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup quick oats
2 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 egg white
3 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon sugar
3/4 cup milk room temperature
2 tablespoon water
– In a bowl, add flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, pinch of salt, and oats. Mix well and keep aside.
– In a different bowl, beat the rest of the ingredients well, then pour over the flour mixture and whisk gently. Do not over mix, and if there are few lumps do not worry about them. Cover and let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
– Heat the pan (I used non-stick pan), pour 1/4 cup from the batter in the pan, keep the heat medium low.
– When bubbles appear and the bottom is light brown, flip the pancake and cook on the other side for one or two minutes.
– Serve hot, with your favorite toppings.