Usually I don’t use such words to describe food, but these cookies are just so sexy! 8 minutes in the oven and they are done. So soft yet so rich, the smell of chocolate is intense but in a nice calming way. If you love chocolate you’d know what I mean.
All it took was one bite and I fell in love. I even thought of naming them something like, Dark Deep desires :0)
8 tablespoons butter
6 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons fine semolina
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of salt
8 1/2 tablespoons chocolate chips (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- In a bowl beat the butter with sugar until creamy in texture. Add the egg and the vanilla and beat for two minutes.
- In a separate bowl sift the flour with baking powder and salt, add the semolina. keep aside.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir.
- Add the melted chocolate and stir until well combined.
- Take one tablespoon from the mixture and make it in to a ball.
- Place the balls on the baking tray, keep two inch space between each cookie.
- Bake on the middle rack for 8 – 10 minutes. remove immediately but gently from tray.
- Let the cookies cool completely on a wire rack.