This post is sponsored by Nestle Toll House
Nestle is family, I grew up with Nestle and have enjoyed all its products. I respect this company because not only it offers quality products, but also for the fact that Nestle keeps coming up with new interesting goodies, like Nestle’s Delightfulls (caramel filled morsels) which I’ve used in making this Chocolate Cake with Caramel Sauce.
When I was given the chance to try Nestle Toll House DelightFulls Filled Baking Morsels, I knew exactly what to do.
If you love caramel, you’ll love this recipe. It is a pleasant surprise to find a caramel-filled morsels in every bite you take.
Nestle Toll House DelightFulls Filled Baking Morsels, are great for baking, but they are also great in shakes. My husband have them straight from the bag and I don’t blame him, these morsels are amazing.
Thank you to Nestle Toll House for sponsoring today’s post and inspiring me to try the new DelightFulls Filled Baking Morsels!
Serves 9. 247 calories per serving.
Serves 12. 185 calories per serving.
1 cups all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoon baking powder
6 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 cup boiling water
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE
® DelightFulls™ Caramel Filled Morsels
For the cake:
– Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
– Line an 9″ pan with parchment paper or instead, you can grease and flour the pan, keep aside.
– In a bowl, whisk flour with salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
– In a different bowl, add the cocoa powder, pour boiling water, and mix well.
– Add the egg, sugar, vanilla, butter, and yogurt on the cocoa mixture. Mix until combined.
– Add the flour and mix gently, over mixing will result in tough cake and it may sink in the middle.
– Mix NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® DelightFulls™ Caramel Filled Morsels with a teaspoon of cocoa powder, then add to the batter, fold gently.
– Pour the batter in the baking pan.
– Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
– Pour half the amount of caramel sauce on the cake while the caramel is warm.
3 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup brown sugar packed
1/2 cup very hot evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Making the sauce:
– In a saucepan, add the butter, sugar, vanilla, and the hot milk.
– Stir the mixture until the sugar dissolves.
– On a medium heat, stir the previous mixture until it comes to a boil. Turn off heat.
* Calories calculated using only half the caramel sauce, which is enough for this cake.
Important notes for baking this cake:
– If you want to bake this cake and not use caramel sauce or frosting, please add extra two tablespoon sugar to the cake batter.
– To make a birthday cake, double the recipe and use two 9″ pan.
– If you like to use more caramel filled morsels in this cake, go easy on the caramel sauce.