Have it with bread, couscous, or rice but keep the calories in mind.
Chicken and Vegetable Stew
Serves 2. 319 per serving.
250gm skinless chicken breast cut into bite size
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup potato chopped
1/2 cup carrot chopped
1 onion chopped
1 tomato chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
1 cube chicken bouillon
1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (optional)
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
2 1/2 cup hot water
– Mix chicken with salt, black pepper, and flour.
– In a pan, add 2 teaspoon oil, when hot add the chicken. Cook until there are light brown patches on both sides.
– In the same pan add another teaspoon of oil, add all the vegetables except the tomatoes. Stir vegetables for two minutes.
– Add the spices and stir for one minute. Add tomatoes and garlic, stir for three minutes on medium heat.
– Dissolve chicken bouillon in 2 1/2 cup hot water, and pour over the chicken and vegetables.
– Let it boil until chicken and vegetables are cooked. If you want your stew thick, keep cooking until the sauce reduces.