When I was on my journey to eat healthy and lose weight, this stew helped me a lot. Chicken and vegetable Stew is healthy, light, filling, and delicious.
I turned this stew to Mexican, Indian, and Italian by just changing the spices used.
Have it with bread, couscous, or rice but keep the calories in mind.
I'm sharing the Indian version today, I've used chicken breast, but I promise if you follow my cooking method the chicken breast will stay tender.
If you wish to use chicken thighs keep it to 250gm, and you can by all means skip the chicken and add more vegetables if you wish.
Chicken and Vegetable Stew
Serves 2. 319 per serving.
250gm skinless chicken breast cut into bite size
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup potato chopped
½ cup carrot chopped
1 onion chopped
1 tomato chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
½ teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
1 cube chicken bouillon
½ teaspoon red chili powder (optional)
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
2 ½ cup hot water
- Mix chicken with salt, black pepper, and flour.
- In a pan, add 2 teaspoon oil, when hot add the chicken. Cook until there are light brown patches on both sides.
- In the same pan add another teaspoon of oil, add all the vegetables except the tomatoes. Stir vegetables for two minutes.
- Add the spices and stir for one minute. Add tomatoes and garlic, stir for three minutes on medium heat.
- Dissolve chicken bouillon in 2 ½ cup hot water, and pour over the chicken and vegetables.
- Let it boil until chicken and vegetables are cooked. If you want your stew thick, keep cooking until the sauce reduces.
It somehow reminds me of chicken curry. A lovely stew, Muna.
Thanks Angie! This stew can be anything you want and this is what I like about it 🙂