I’ve been ignoring the pack of lasagna resting in my kitchen cabinet and staring at me every single day. If I opened that pack, hell will let loose and I’ll be making that full of guilt lasagna I’ve been craving for.
I went to my office and thought about a recipe, which includes lasagna sheets, but go easy on the waist. Since I’m particular about flavor, I had to mix and match many ingredients in my head, and at last I found it!
This version of Spinach and chicken lasagna, is creamy, smells awesome, and tastes so good to be low in calorie.
You can use parboiled lasagna sheets, which I prefer, since parboiled won’t take much of your sauce. But you can use the no boil lasagna sheets too. The ramekins I’ve used were individual sizes, and was 3″ deep.
The best way to check if your baking pan/ramekin’s size is suitable, place two sheets next to each other, or if using individual ramekin just see if the bottom can fit one sheet.
So let’s get this lasagna baking!
Chicken spinach lasagna
Serves 2. One serving 430 calories
6 par boiled lasagna sheets (7.5″x3.5″)
120 gm boneless chicken breast cut in small cubes
1 cup spinach chopped (can use frozen)
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped spring onions
1 tablespoons chopped green pepper
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
Black pepper grounded or powder
1/2 teaspoon Thyme
Salt to taste
2 cups low fat milk
2 tablespoons mozzarella shredded
2 garlic cloves minced
– Preheat oven to 356F/180C.
– In a hot pan, add olive oil, and the chicken. Stir for two minutes on medium high heat.
– Add the flour and stir for one minute.
– Add the spinach and stir for two minutes.
– Add the garlic, green pepper, and spring onion. Stir for two minutes.
– Add the milk and keep on stirring, when the sauce start to thicken, reduce heat and season the sauce with black pepper, salt, and thyme.
– Grease the ramekin.
– Place lasagna sheet in this order: Lasagna sheet, the sauce, lasagna sheet, sauce, lasagna sheet, sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese.
– Bake in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes.