One day I woke up and thought what if I can make fried rice in different way? What if I cook it in one pot with dry rice? Well, I didn’t spend time wondering and went a head and made this different kind of ….. Hmmmmm! Shall I call it Chicken Fried Rice or just Chicken with rice?
Shall I tell you how it tasted? Or should I leave it as a mystery and let you try it and find out?
Rice with Chicken (Asian Style)
Serves 4. 310 calories per serving.
1 cup long grain rice (dry)
3 tablespoon soy sauce
1 carrot chopped
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
250gm skinless chicken breast cut into bite size
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 green chili chopped (optional)
1 cup mushroom cut in quarters or halves
2 cups boiling water
– Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
– Add oil to a hot pan, and then add the chicken. Cook for two minutes on medium heat.
– Add the onion and the carrot, stir for two minutes. Add the garlic, mushroom, and green chili, stir for two more minutes on medium heat.
– Add the soy sauce stir for few seconds then add the boiling water. When it comes to a boil add the sesame oil.
– Add the rice. When it comes to a boil again check the seasoning, you may need to add more salt. Reduce the heat to the lowest and cover tightly. Cook for twenty minutes.
– Serve hot.