To me cooking chicken breast didn’t make any sense, it was always dry and tasteless, but not after I’ve found out the secret to preparing tender and flavorful chicken breast.
Chicken breast requires specific cooking time and way, and in this recipe, I’ll be sharing that with you so you get a tender, and juicy chicken breast each and every time.
Chef Mario Batali’s Favorite Parm Chicken inspired today’s recipe. Looking at the ingredients he used I immediately decided on the twist I’ll be adding to his recipe.
The ingredients and method Chef Mario used, made me realize that he wanted to:
1- Keep the chicken breast tender.
2- The topping should have a light texture and delicious flavor that does not interfere with the flavor of the chicken.
What I did was, keep the chicken tender, and enhance the flavor and the texture of the topping. Chef Mario has already cut few calories by baking the chicken instead of frying it.
For 100 years, Hellmann’s has brought together the best ingredients – such as oil, vinegar and now cage-free eggs – to help bring out the best meals and moments to America’s tables.
Visit Facebook.com/Hellmanns to watch Mario share his modern twist on some of Hellmann’s classic recipes and enter for a chance to win a seat at the Blue Ribbon table in NYC for Hellmann’s 100th Birthday celebration.
So are you ready for a scrumptious Chicken Parmesan?
Chicken Parmesan with a twist
Serves 2. One serving is 295 calories
2 boneless chicken breast (around 220gm total)
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese shredded or grated
2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1/4 teaspoon black pepper grounded
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 slice bread finely chopped (around 10gm)
– Preheat oven to 425F/ 220C.
– Place the chicken on your baking pan.
– Season the chicken with salt.
– In a bowl, mix Parmesan with Hellmann’s® mayonnaise, and black pepper.
– Spread the parmesan mixture evenly on the chicken.
– In a different bowl, mix together olive oil, chopped cilantro, and breadcrumbs.
– Spread the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the chicken, and press it down gently.
– Cover the baking pan with aluminum foil and bake for 10 minutes.
– Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes.
– Take out the chicken and sprinkle it with mozzarella cheese, return to oven and bake for 5 minutes.
– You can serve with your favorite sauce, but it was delicious on its own.
Note: If you like more mayonnaise on your chicken but don’t want to increase the calories, no worries Hellmann’s® have Light Mayonnaise, use it instead of Real mayonnaise.