If you have been wondering why I don’t post often then you’ll be happy to know that I’m studying.
Yes, I can’t believe it too, but I became a good girl and now concentrating on my studies. Hopefully I’ll be done this June, after my final exams. Your positive thoughts and prayers are highly appreciated, since as many of you know, I HATE STUDYING
Every now and then I like to surprise my hubby with something new, and unexpected. But this time I wanted it to be simple yet elegant.
When you are a foodie and love to try and experiment with food like me, sometimes you forget what’s your family’s preferred dish and may not cook it often, since you are busy trying the new.
My husband loves chicken with creamy sauce, and no matter how I make it he just can’t have enough. He likes it with grits, rice, bread, or mashed potato.
The chicken and sauce recipe I’m sharing today, is very easy to make and you can tailor it to your liking by just changing the spices.
Chicken in Creamy Sauce
- 2 chicken thighs and 2 chicken legs
- 1 1/2 cup mushroom sliced
- Black pepper powder
- Cinnamon powder
- All spice powder
- 1 chicken bouillon use low sodium
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cup hot water
- 1 cup room temp water
- Add oil to the pan, when hot add the onion.
- When the onion is translucent, add the chicken.
- Season with salt, black pepper, paprika, cinnamon, and all spice. After three minutes turn the chicken and season the other side.
- Cook the chicken and the onion for about 10 minutes covered on medium heat. Add the mushroom and continue cooking until the mushroom is cooked. Add 2 cup hot water and chicken bouillon then cover.
- Mix one tablespoon flour with one cup water, then pour gently in the pan while stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- The sauce will get thick, and now it’s up to you to either make it thicker by cooking more, or add water and make it thinner.
- This dish is done when the chicken is cooked.