You know how I love cheese, so when I got the chance to try Arla Dofino’s cheese I was thrilled. When it comes to cheese, I like it mild but tasty, and that’s exactly how Dofino’s Havarti cheese tastes. Get $1 off on any Arla Dofino product.
I’ve decided to create two dishes using Dofino’s Havarti cheese and today I’m sharing Breakfast Casserole.
Holiday season is a crazy season, and when you are busy preparing great dinners and desserts, in the morning you wake up so tired and compromise breakfast, but not any more. This breakfast casserole is our favorite since it can be prepared a night before and all you have to do is pop it in the oven the next morning, also, and this is the best part, it tastes and smells like pizza, I’m not kidding!
If you are new to Dofino cheese, then you have to know that, the Arla Dofino brand of cheese includes a delicious range of family-friendly cheese types such as Havarti, Gouda, Edam, Muenster and Fontina.
Arla cheeses are naturally good from farm to fridge. The cheese is free of added hormones and preservatives, and crafted with quality, natural ingredients in an environmentally friendly way.
Adding Dofino Havarti to this dish made it more versatile. Although Havarti cheese has a mild taste, a little can go a long way. You will enjoy the texture of gooey melted cheese and flavor in every bite.
My husband got addicted to the dill flavored Havarti cheese, it tastes great with whole wheat crackers, but I went for plain because I wanted to know how it will taste with other different ingredients.
Cheesy Breakfast Casserole
Serves 4. 308 calories per serving.
120gm cubed bread (around 2 cups)
1 small onion chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chopped button mushrooms
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
2 egg white
1/4 cup milk
84gm (3oz) havarti cheese
100gm chopped turkey sausage
Salt to taste
- In hot pan, sauté onion in olive oil 2 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, sausage, mushrooms, and salt. Stir until mushrooms are soft. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs with, milk, black pepper, and paprika. Set aside.
- To greased 8-inch baking pan, add bread cubes and mushroom mixture. I used non stick pan.
- Pour beaten egg mixture over all. Press bread down with spatula to make sure all bread is soaked with egg mixture.
- Sprinkle top with Havarti cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and keep aside for 30 minutes, or you can refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
This article is financially supported by Arla Dofino.