It’s moist, healthy, delicious, full of flavor, and not time consuming when prepared. In my house we tend to go for cupcakes more than baking cake in cake pans, it got nothing to do with weight control, as much as controlling who eats more than the rest! Cupcakes looks cute and are baked in no time too.
Spread the love
Roasted cashews and cinnamon together, created a heavenly flavor. This recipe is the second best I have for carrot cake. I know you must be wondering where did the cream cheese frosting go, but for a change, I wanted to make it light and have omitted that heavy frosting, and used Sugar Icing and crushed roasted cashews instead.
Carrot and cashews cupcake
Will make 6 medium size cupcakes
1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
1 cup all purpose flour
1 medium egg
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup grated carrot (squeeze water from carrot)
1/4 cup chopped roasted cashews
Pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
– Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
– Beat egg with vanilla, and sugar until sugar dissolves, add butter and beat for 1 minute.
– In a different bowl sift flour with salt, cinnamon powder, and baking powder.
– Add flour mixture to wet gradually while whisking, do not over whisk.
– Add the carrot and stir gently.
– Pour in cupcake liners and bake for 15 – 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
For the icing:
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk may need more
– Mix sugar with milk, you should get a bit runny white paste. Add milk 1/4 teaspoon at a time if needed.
OUR LATEST VIDEOS