If winter was a man, I think it will be tall, with huge muscles, long white hair and beard, and is out there to get me. Yes! This is how I feel about winter.I have some tricks to fight it though, and since I’m not an aggressive person, I choose to fight it by having some Beef Black Eyed Peas Soup!
Beef Black Eyed Peas Soup
Soup is the savior when winter knocks on my door. There is something about having soup in winter, I mean heavy meals can keep us warm too, but soups in winter bring in some therapeutic element.
You may not like black eyed peas, which is perfectly fine, replace it with your favorite bean, or use pasta if you wish. You can play around with this recipe to match your liking.
Cooking the beef on low heat although will make the process little longer, but will result in tender and delicious texture.
This Beef Black Eyed Peas Soup is not only good for keeping you warm in winter, but it’s great to have it if you are under the weather.
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hash tag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
As for my recipe, here you go!
- ½ pound beef cubes
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon all spice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ cup canned black-eyed peas
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- Olive oil
- In a pan add the olive oil, when hot add the beef, and stir until light brown.
- Add all the ingredients except the canned black-eyed peas and water.
- When the tomatoes melt, and you have a thick gravy, add enough water to cover the beef by three inches, let the beef cook until cooked.
- Add the black-eyed peas and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- *The thickness of your soup depends really on how you like your soup, so you can add more water, or reduce the amount of water in this recipe.
This post is NOT sponsored by Filippo Berio.