You can consider it a main meal, or an appetizer, in both ways this Beef Beans Lemon Rice will for sure satisfy you.
I happened to make this dish by accident, what I wanted to make is ground beef with green peas. You must be thinking, these are two different dishes! You are right, but while cooking I discovered I had no green peas, and there was an open can of beans, so I thought, well, let me improvise.
Beef Beans Lemon Rice.
We had it as a main meal (my family had no other choice), but I do think that it will be a great appetizer, if served in small portion.
Converting Beef Beans Lemon Rice to vegetarian or vegan dish is simple, omit the beef and you will have a light and delicious version, and you can add more vegetables if you wish.
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hash tag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
As for my recipe, here you go!
- ½ lbs ground beef
- 1 onion finely chopped
- ½ bell pepper chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 potato cut in quarter
- ½ cup red beans
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon all spice
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup long grain rice washed and soaked
- 2 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Rinse and soak the rice, keep aside.
- In a pan, add oil and when hot add the ground beef, stir on high heat for three minutes.
- Add the onion and stir for three more minutes.
- Add the spices, tomato paste, and stir until beef is cooked.
- Add the water and when it come to a boil, add the potato, lemon juice, bell pepper, and red beans.
- When the water comes to a boil again, add the rice and season with salt. Let it boil one last time, then cover tightly and cook on lowest heat for 25- 30 minutes.