My husband taught me how to BBQ and now I love every part of it! The drive to the spot, getting the charcoal ready, setting up the table, and grilling. The whole experience is amusing and fun, but of course, the best part is enjoying a juicy tender meat after a hard work.
Today I am sharing BBQ Chicken recipe and a glimpse of my and hubby’s BBQ experience.
BBQ Chicken Made Easy
We’ve decided to BBQ near the beach, the wind was strong, exactly what we needed. Like a little kid, I was so excited to get the stuff out of the car trunk, I tried to come out of the car while my seatbelt was on (I won’t go into details here, but the scene wasn’t graceful!). We found a good spot and put everything up.
As usual, I had to forget something! I forgot to bring a knife and we are grilling a whole chicken. Luckily, we brought a new friend with us, Cave tools’ Barbecue Spatula with Bottle Opener. This Spatula is the beast, and I mean it. It is heavy duty, you realize that the moment you hold it.
One of The Best BBQ Tools
This Spatula is attractive, have a look at the pictures below, the design is on point! It is made to make BBQ fun, so let me tell you a little more about my new friend. Besides looking good, it can flip a whole heavy bird (like the one we are BBQing) without bending.
And now the recipe for the BBQ Chicken!
- One whole chicken with skin
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 3 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder or to taste
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Butterfly the chicken by cutting the backbone. Cut the bone located between the chicken legs.
- Season the chicken and allow to marinate overnight or at least for four hours while in the fridge.
- When the grill is ready, place the chicken skin side first on the grill. Cover the chicken, this will help in giving it a smoking flavor.
- Flip the chicken after 7 to 9 minutes depending on how big your chicken is. Flip again for 7 to 9 minutes, then cook the chicken for 25 minutes, flip and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes.