Last night I watched a cooking show, and the topic was on BBQ. Everything looked so good I could almost smell it. Obviously, I started craving BBQ food, and so I made BBQ Chicken Pizza 🙂
This pizza is easy to make and it is delicious! You get to make your own BBQ sauce (you will not cook the BBQ sauce) and you’ll be done in no time.
I have prepared the dough the night before and kept it in the fridge, this usually helps in saving so much time, you can do the same if you’re usually busy during the day. All you have to do is, take out the dough half an hour or 15 minutes before using, and follow the steps in the recipe.
Pizza is something that is regularly found on our dinner table, and I’m sure that this BBQ Chicken Pizza will find its way to your dinner table too. Make this pizza and don’t forget to drop by and let me know how did you like it 🙂
Let’s make this Pizza!
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Serves 4. 345 calories per serving.
For the dough:
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup warm water (you may need less)
2 teaspoon dry active yeast
Pinch of salt
1 3/4 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 tablespoon sugar
For making the dough:
– Mix water with yeast and sugar, keep aside for 10 -15 minutes. Add olive oil.
– In a bowl, whisk or sift flour with salt. Gradually add the yeast mixture and knead. You should get smooth elastic dough that does not stick to your hand.
– Cover and let it rise in warm place for an hour or until double in size.
– Punch the dough and knead it for 1 minute. Lightly grease the baking sheet/pan. Place the dough in the baking pan and using your hands spread the dough to the shape and thickness you desire.
– Cover and let the dough rise again for 30 minutes.
For the BBQ sauce:
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
black pepper powder
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
To make BBQ sauce:
– Mix all the ingredients well and keep aside.
For the BBQ chicken:
1 skinless chicken breast cut into bite size
Salt and black pepper
2 teaspoon oil
1 tablespoon from the BBQ sauce you prepared earlier
Making the BBQ chicken:
– Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
– In a hot pan add 2 teaspoons oil, when hot add the chicken and cook until light brown on both sides.
– Add one tablespoon from the BBQ sauce to the chicken and stir for one minute on medium heat.
– Remove from heat and cover immediately, keep aside.
1/4 cup (packed) Parmesan Cheese (grated)
50gm part skim mozzarella cheese shredded
1 small red bell pepper chopped
1 small onion finely chopped
Making the BBQ chicken pizza:
– Preheat oven to 200C/400F.
– Spread the remaining BBQ sauce on the dough, avoiding the edges.
– Spread the onion, chicken, and the red bell pepper evenly.
– Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese, then top with mozzarella cheese.
– Bake for 10 minutes, depending on your oven’s temperature you might leave it to bake longer.