There are times when I wake up in the morning and crave something sweet for breakfast. These Banana Dates muffins not only satisfy my sweet tooth (and boy do I have a big one) but also keep me energized for long time.
Dates play a huge role in boosting energy and maintaining good health. This amazing fruit enhances the vision, clears the skin, prevents abdominal cancer, helps in digesting food, full of vitamin A, B1, B2 B3, B5, rich in potassium, have high iron content, protein, and several minerals.
Best of all, dates have no Cholesterol.
Beside the dates you can find other benefits coming from the oats and bananas, if I start talking about the benefits of these two, this post will be long.
These muffins are moist, rich, and good for you. Have two with a chilled glass of milk and I promise you’ll feel full and satisfied.
So, if you have dates in your house, use them in this recipe and don’t forget to let me know how you liked it in the comment section below 🙂
Banana and Dates Muffins
Makes 11 muffins. 123 calories per muffin.
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons oil
1 egg white
1/3 cup milk
2 tablespoon brown sugar unpacked
100gm chopped dates
100gm mashed banana
– Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
– Mix the dates with two-teaspoon flour and keep aside.
– In a bowl, mix the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
– In a different bowl, beat the egg white with sugar, then add the milk, oil, and mashed banana.
– Pour the previous mixture to the flour and mix gently. Add the dates and stir to combine. Don’t over mix.
– Pour the batter in a greased and floured muffin pan or muffin liner, bake for 14 – 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
** It is better not to use muffin liner, since these muffins don’t have much oil, and that doesn’t help in releasing the muffin from the liner easily.