I’ve been traveling often to Georgia to visit my Mother in law, and while there I learned to make this outstanding side dish, Baked Sweet Potato with Honey Butter sauce.
Baked Sweet Potato with Honey Butter sauce
As many of you know, I am still exploring the States, and yet to discover more of its cuisine. I can honestly say that so far, every dish introduced to me, took me by surprise, a very delicious surprise.
I will share southern dishes, in my coming posts, so stay tuned.
Back to my Baked Sweet Potato with Honey Butter Sauce. Well, my mother in law loved it, and asked me to make it several times, so you should rest assure that it will come out right, the first time you make this recipe.
I hope that it becomes your favorite, if you have any suggestions on Southern dishes which I should give a try, please do let me know.
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hash tag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
As for my recipe, here you go!
- 1 big sweet potato cut in circles then in half. Should be ½ inch thick
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ cup chopped pecan
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- In a bowl, add the sweet potato, and then pour oil. Mix well to cover all the slices with oil.
- Place the sweet potatoes on your baking try. Bake for 20 minutes. Flip the sweet potato slices and bake for another 10 minutes. Keep aside.
- In a saucepan, add the pecan and the butter. When the butter melts, add the honey and all the spices.
- When the honey is about to boil, remove from heat, and pour on the sweet potatoes.
- Serve at room temperature.