The recipe I’m sharing with you today is very close to my heart, because the chicken although baked but tastes a bit like fried chicken, and the batter creates an outer skin for the chicken, leaving the inside so tender and juicy.
Serves 2. each serving 330 calories.
2 skinless chicken thighs (80 gm) each
2 skinless chicken drumstick
1/2 cup low fat milk
1/2 cup all purpose-flour
1 medium egg white
1/4 teaspoon black pepper grounded
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt (I add 1/4 teaspoon extra but that’s my choice)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
– Preheat oven, 200C/ 400F.
– In a bowl, whisk together milk, egg white, all the spices, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and 1/4 cup flour. Do not over mix after adding the flour or the batter will be chewy.
– In a plate, add 1/4 cup flour.
– Dip the chicken in the flour then in the batter prepared, then again in the flour.
– Line the chicken in lightly greased baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil.
– Bake the chicken while covered for 20 minutes, remove aluminum foil, and bake for another 20 minutes.
Note: Ovens without fans do not distribute heat properly, therefore you’ll need to bake the chicken covered for 20 minutes, bake uncovered for 12 minutes and then turn on the broiler. Turning on the broiler will provide red appetizing patches on the chicken.