I was hesitant to post this recipe, since it looks a bit weird different. However, I have promised myself to share with you everything yummy I made in my little kitchen, and this Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake screams DELICIOUS!
I feel no shame telling you that my hubby and I killed this cake the same day it was baked, actually only one slice left which smartly vanished the next day.
More about Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake
This Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake was moist, delicious, and you can imagine how a topping of cinnamon and butter must have smelled like when it came out of the oven.
Another Plus to this cake, that it hardly takes time, from start to finish. The recipe is ridiculously easy and everything you will need should be in your kitchen already, unless you are out of apples.
Talking about apples, this Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake recipe is so forgiving, you can use any type of apples you want, and I actually used one apple (if you have large apples you may need to use a bit more than half), so practically speaking it really cheap to make it if you are on a budget.
More apple cake recipes?
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 3/4 cup sliced apples
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup white caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon all purpose flour
- In a bowl, sift or whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Keep aside
- In a different bowl, add all the cake ingredients except the apples. Beat well then pour on the flour and combine gently, over mixing will this cake tough.
- Pour in a greased and floured 9x9" baking pan.
- Mix the topping ingredients and distribute on the cake.
- Bake in a preheated oven 162C/325F and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- This cake is best served warm or at room temperature. Do not heat it in the microwave, it will become tough and chewy (Experience speaks).