Let me tell you this before anything, Kabab Koobeideh takes 15 minutes in your oven! I’m not even joking. If you want that juicy tender texture of kabab you get in Iranian restaurants follow this recipe to the T.
Some call it kabab and it is what I am familiar with and hear, but then there is kebab, and kabob, and kebeb! I honestly believe the real pronunciation is kabab so I’m going to stick to it in this post.
In Iran, people add saffron to most of their dishes be it sweet or savory, I don’t blame them and I won’t complain, I enjoy saffron in my hot milk. The smell and the flavor are exotic and sweet. If you don’t have saffron or don’t like to use it, this Kabab koobeideh recipe can be made without it.
What I want to do, is to visit a Persian restaurant here in the States and compare the taste of their dishes to the ones I’m used to having back home, no I’m not from Iran I am from UAE, and in my country, there are countless numbers of Persian restaurants!
Making Kabab Koobeideh.
Kabab Koobeideh is one of my favorite Iranian dishes, it is light, mildly seasoned, and delicious. You can use this recipe to grill the kebab on a grill outdoors or of course indoor in your oven.
Whenever you make some, don’t forget to let me know how you liked in the comment box below.
PS: The live Giveaway is going to end soon, don’t forget to visit the page and participate!
- 370 gm Ground beef or lamb or half lamb half beef
- 1 onion minced. Squeeze the water from the onion and discard the water.
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- Mix 4 threads of saffron with two tablespoon boiling water and keep aside (optional)
- ¾ teaspoon salt or as per your taste
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients except the meat. Mix well.
- Add the meat to the previous mixture and mix well. Marinate for 15 minutes or an hour.
- This recipe will make 5 kababs so get 5 skewers ready. If you are using skewers made from wood, then place them in hot water for an hour to prevent from burning.
- Make five equal size balls from the mixture. Spread the ball on the skewer to make 5 to 6-inch-long log.
- Preheat oven to 450F/230C place the pan on the lowers rack of the oven.
- If you want to use the oven, it’s better to use a broiler pan with a rack. Pour ½ cup water into the broiler pan to prevent it from burning the oil dripping from the kebabs.
- Place the kabab on the broiler rack. Grill the kebabs turning it every 5 minutes until done.
- Baking the kabab koobeide in the oven should not take more 15 minutes or the kebab will be dry.
- When the kebab is done, place it on a plate and cover for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with Rice.
Follow me on Instagram!