Summer said hi and I welcomed its warmth with pleasure! Yes, as much as I used to rant about Summer when I was back home, coming to the USA made me appreciate it. Although it’s Summer I would love to share my Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe with you today.
Making Chicken Corn Chowder.
Chowder is my favorite type of soup especially in Winter, it is thick and filling and is delicious. I have a vegetarian Chowder recipe on my blog if you are interested, it’s Freekeh Chowder.
Chicken soups were always connected to comfort and were consumed to make one relax and feel better if under the weather. I know that this Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe will definitely make you feel good.
This soup can be creamy and thick and can be light, it all depends on how you prefer the soup texture. But one thing for sure it is a flavorful soup and I promise that you will enjoy it.
What type of chowders do you like? I never tasted Crab chowder although I heard many raves about it. I am looking forward to trying cheese chowder, that is something completely new to me but I guess it will taste awesome, I mean it has cheese!
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hashtag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
As for my recipe, here you go!
- 1 ¼ cup previously cooked chicken cubes
- ⅓ cup chopped red pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ⅓ cup chopped carrot
- ¾ cup chopped potato
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- ⅓ cup cooked or canned corn
- 1¼ cup whole milk
- 1 chicken bouillon (low sodium)
- Black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2½ tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 cups water room temperature
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- In a blender, blend three tablespoon of corn with ¼ cup milk until smooth, keep aside.
- In a pan, add olive oil and when hot, add the red pepper, onion, celery, carrot, and potato.
- Sauté vegetables until onion is translucent. Add flour and mix well.
- Add the chicken and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the water and chicken bouillon.
- When the soup comes to a boil, add the corn milk mixture.
- Let the soup simmer until thick.
- Add the corn and a cup of milk to the soup. Season with black pepper and let the soup simmer for 5 minutes.