You must be excited about the giveaway, but before the giveaway, let me share with you the story behind these to die for, moist and fluffy Yogurt Coffee Cake Muffins.
1 – The winner is Stephanie Phelps.
2 – The recipe I was trying to make was for cookies 🙂
Yogurt Coffee Cake Muffins.
If you are following me (and you should) you already know that I love to make almost every recipe from scratch. I also love to try other’s recipes and tweak it to meet my taste and liking.
One day and while browsing the internet, I came across a recipe that everyone raved about, the images made me drool and I was determined to make that recipe following it to the T. It was not for a Yogurt Coffee Cake Muffins by the way.
I ended up making a lot of changes, it no longer looked like the recipe that originally inspired me.
Now here is the shocker, the recipe that inspired me was not a muffin recipe to start with let alone for Yogurt Coffee Cake Muffins. The batter I ended up with (although delicious) but can never be for what I was heading for. Yes, I destroyed the recipe!
To help you guess what the original recipe was, I will mention below this paragraph a step from the method to make Yogurt Coffee Cake Muffin. This step is only used to make one particular baked dessert, if you are a foodie, or bake regularly, you will guess what the recipe I’m sharing today was supposed to be. Please mention your guess in the comment box below. I’m sure you’ll have a good laugh!
- Cover the batter and place in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes.
Did you guess it already?
I’m glad that I’ve destroyed the original recipe, because I ended up with amazing breakfast muffins, that my family enjoyed and is now an addition to the favorite bake list.
Please try this recipe, I am sure you will love it, one bite is enough to WOW you!
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hashtag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
As for my recipe, here you go!
- **Muffin Batter.
- ½ cup yogurt
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- **Streusel Topping.
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter cut into cubes
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
**Making the streusel topping.
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients using a fork or the tip of your fingers. Place in the fridge to prevent butter from melting.
**Making the muffin batter.
Sift or whisk flour with baking powder and salt, keep aside.
In a bowl, add all remaining ingredients and beat until well combined.
Add the flour to the wet ingredients and mix on low speed just until combined (Do not over mix or the muffins will get tough).
Cover the batter and place in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes.
Pre-heat oven to 350F/180C.
Place muffin liners in your muffin tin. Fill ¾ of the liner with batter.
Sprinkle the streusel on top of the muffin batter, and bake for 20 – 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
Let cool on cooling rack and enjoy.
One winner will receive Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker:
- Water Filtration Ready to remove up to 97% of chlorine* for better tasting coffee* As a result of the Mr. Coffee® water filter and brewing process.
- Delay Brew timer sets brew time ahead so you can wake up to fresh-brewed coffee
- Freshness Timer keeps a tab on coffee freshness from the time it’s brewed
- Brew Strength Selector pumps up a stronger flavor if you like it bold tasting
- Grab-A-Cup Auto Pause stops cycle when you need a cup before brewing is finished
- 2-Hour Shut-Off automatically turns off coffeemaker
- Lift & Clean Filter Basket for fast and easy cleanup
To enter this Giveaway:
You must subscribe to my blog. (Do you see the subscribe box on the right? Enter your e-mail address there, and that all you have to do.)
For multiple entries do one or all of the following:
- Follow me on Pinterest and pin the image of the giveaway above.
- Follow me on Instagram.
- Browse through my blog and let me know which recipe you would love to make.
- When you are done, please leave a comment below and let me know how you chose to enter this giveaway.
- The giveaway ends on March 27, 2016.
- I will contact the winner via email. If I do not hear from the winner in two business days, I will choose another.
- This giveaway is open to USA residents only, and you must be 18+.