Although I’m sharing a recipe for Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, yet I want to say something that may make you think “What’s wrong with her today?” but I’ll say it anyway. I feel that all chocolate chip cookies tastes almost the same! The texture and size might change but the taste, not really.
Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Before you judge me, I want to say that I love chocolate chip cookies, I do! However, I also have tried many recipes, and bought many chocolate chip cookies form the stores, and I can’t see much difference in taste.
Browning the butter did bring some difference in taste, the browned butter have added a very light nutty flavor, which I loved.
These Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, are crunchy at the edges, but chewy in the middle. If you want the cookies to be chewier, bake them for 9 minutes, otherwise follow the recipe for crispy edges.
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hash tag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
As for my recipe, here you go!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoons baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cups butter, softened
- ⅓ Cup brown sugar packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon white sugar
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brown butter in a small saucepan, keep aside to cool.
- Sift flour, cornstarch, salt, and baking soda, keep aside.
- In a bowl, beat the browned butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and white sugar.
- Stir in the flour mixture, and then add the chocolate chips.
- Make 12 equal size balls from the dough, and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. The edges should be golden brown.
More Cookies You Said?