Elegant and tasty dinner is what I want to serve my family each and every time. Lemon Chicken Brussels Sprout Casserole, although easy, but loaded with flavor and looks awesome!
Lemon Chicken Brussels Sprout Casserole
Lemon Chicken Brussels Sprout Casserole, has sweetness from the onion and carrot, tang from the lemon, and of course the spices took this dish to another level.
As I mentioned in my previous recipe for Brussels Sprout, if you noticed that the Brussels Sprout you bought is bitter, just remove the core, since the bitterness is located right there in the white portion of the Brussels Sprout.
Today’s recipe, beside looking and tasting good, it is a healthy and light dinner, which I’m sure you will love.
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hash tag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
As for my recipe, here you go!
- 2 whole chicken legs
- 2 medium onion cut in cubes
- 2 carrot chopped
- Salt and black pepper to season the vegetables
- For the chicken marinade:
- 2 minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon all spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- - In a bowl, add the chicken and the marinade ingredients.
- - Mix well and keep aside for 1 hour or at least 20 minutes.
- - Preheat oven to 400F.
- - In a baking pan add the vegetables and season with salt and black pepper.
- - Add the marinated chicken with the marinade on the vegetable and cover with aluminum foil.
- - Bake for 50 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- - Serve with rice or mashed potato.