My husband loves homemade bread more than store bought, simply because he loves to have the bread when it’s warm and of course fresh. I had to come up with many recipes of bread, adding different ingredients, just to make it more interesting, but I have to say that French Olive Bread is loved by my family and is baked more often than other breads.
French Olive Bread.
French Olive Bread, looks beautiful, smells great, tastes amazing, but the best part for a house wife with many chores, is that this bread is so easy to make.
If you happen to make this French Olive Bread (and I hope, you will), take a slice, dip it in olive oil, and you may just want to have it this way.
This bread is a great companion to stews and soups, but my family loves it with olive oil, or a little butter.
When I first made French Olive Bread, I felt like a five star baker and I’m sure you will too.
Although I have used black olives, you can use green olives instead.
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hash tag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
As for my recipe, here you go!
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 1⅛ teaspoon dry active yeast
- ½ cup warm water
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoon chopped black olives
- 1 teaspoon oil
- In half-cup warm water add the sugar and yeast, stir to dissolve.
- In a bowl, sift or whisk flour with salt.
- Add the yeast mixture, and oil to the flour and knead until smooth for 10 minutes by hand.
- Dry the olives with kitchen towel and add to the dough, knead just to combine.
- Dough might get sticky now, so add little flour and knead until dough is no more sticky and smooth.
- Cover dough and let it rest for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Punch the dough to take out all the air. Roll the dough to a log around 13” long.
- Place on the baking sheet and let it rise again for 40 minutes. Make light cuts on the loaf (score the loaf).
- Oven must be pre-heated to 400F, bake the loaf for 16 minutes, and then let it cool on cooling rack.