This is my second attempt on cooking with pumpkin! I’m very excited and couldn’t wait to share this Pumpkin Scones recipe on my blog.
Makes 8 scones. 119 calories per scone, without glaze. With glaze, each scone is 127.
1 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
3 tablespoon chilled unsalted butter
5 tablespoon pumpkin puree
2 tablespoon milk
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
For the glaze:
1 heaped tablespoon icing sugar
1/2 tablespoon milk (you might need more or less, so start by adding drops in the icing sugar until you get the consistency you like.)
– Mix the sugar with milk, dip a pastry brush in the glaze and brush the scones. (You don’t need much glaze on these scones, believe me.)
– Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
– In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin spice, and Sugar. Mix well.
– Add the chilled butter to previous mixture and using a pastry cutter or a fork, cut the butter in the flour mixture, until you get a texture of coarse crumbs.
– In a different bowl, mix the milk with pumpkin puree, pour on the butter and flour mixture, mix, but do not over mix.
– Place the sticky dough on lightly floured surface, and dust your hands with flour.
– Press the dough down to a 7″ or 8″ round disk. Flour a knife and cut 8 equal size scones.
– Place scones on baking sheet, and bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
– Serve hot.