When you are on a journey to lose weight, the craving for desserts, fried food, and junk food will come your way no matter what you do. Macaroni and cheese is a dish that usually high in fat and because of the cheese, it tends to be salty too.
My version is light and is easy on the salt. So you’ll enjoy your favorite dish with out feeling guilty. When you are trying to lose weight and eat right, your intake of vegetables and fruit should increase, remember you don’t just need to satisfy your cravings and fill your tummy. Your body needs so many nutrients to function properly.
Macaroni and Cheese with Turkey Bacon
Serves 2. 380 per serving.
1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
1/4 cup 2% mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup 2% cold milk
1 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon all purpose-flour
1 medium egg white (you can discard it)
1/4 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
2 cooked Turkey bacon strips chopped
Salt (careful since the cheese have salt)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
– Cook the macaroni as per the instruction on the box, and drain.
– In a pan, add the butter, and when it melts add flour and stir for a minute on medium heat.
– Pour the cold milk on the flour butter mixture while stirring.
– When thick, season with paprika, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper, stir to combine.
– Turn off heat and add the cheese, stir until the cheese melts.
– In a bowl or pan, add egg white and macaroni and mix well.
– Add the white sauce to the macaroni and mix well.
– Pour the previous mixture in two ramekins and sprinkle the chopped bacon on top.
– Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in a preheated oven C180/F350.
Note: If your oven doesn’t have a fan, then turn off the oven after 15 -17 minutes and turn on the broiler just until the top is light red.