Making Deviled Chicken.
Taking pictures of this dish was a tough task since my family was waiting to eat it. I hope I did a good job and I encourage you to try it, I’m sure it will be your favorite too. Deviled Chicken was really delicious and my family enjoyed it so much.
Icy Snow Blackstone (Yes that is her name) was featured in MunatyCooking Magazine in different issues. Her Book Jericho Road is a new release. She is here today to talk about her book and share Deviled Chicken recipe with you.
Don’t forget to stop by the Authors website and find out more about her books. Well, now let’s hear it from Icy.
In one scene from Jericho Road, Yankee Logan teases Lindsey about the well-known fame of “real” Southern cooking and dares her to prepare him a meal…”As long as it doesn’t include grits.” She accepts the challenge, gives him a list of groceries, he buys them, and she proceeds to whip up a dinner causing him to declare he’s totally ready to be “southernized” whenever she wants to start. The dish she cooks is called Deviled Chicken, and I offer it here:
- 1 cut-up fryer
- ¼ C melted butter
- 2 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 C bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoon catsup
- 2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder (optional if any guests are vampires)
- Dash of black pepper
- Place chicken in pan skin side up.
- Pour ¼ C of butter over it.
- Combine spices and condiments and pour over chicken, making certain it’s well-coated.
- Mix bread crumbs in 1 tablespoon melted butter and sprinkle over all.
- Cover and bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake 30 minutes or until well-done.
This will serve 4-5. When Lindsey and Logan finished their own meal, however, I’m afraid there was nothing left. The young doctor has a tremendous appetite!