Hi Guys! I’m guest posting over at Culinary Journey with Chef Dennis. Chef Dennis is supportive, talented, and you can see this translated in his blog. you’ll find many delicious recipes like his Grilled Lobster and Spaghetti with Pesto Two Ways and Oh boy! The mind blowing, Insanely Delicious Triple Chocolate Pecan Fudge Brownies. When there take your time to explore his blog.
I’m sharing my family favorite Mixed fruit Upside Down Cake, it’s super moist and absolutely delicious. if you like upside down cakes, this will become one of your favorite.
The recipe for this cake and much more at Culinary Journey with Chef Dennis.
Mixed Fruit Upside Down Cake
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium banana cut into circles
- 4 slices pineapple
- 1 large strawberry cut into circles
- 4 Cherries cut in halves, discard seeds
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 medium eggs (at room temperature)
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¾ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 7 tablespoons butter
- In a saucepan, add sugar and butter, stir until the butter melts.
- Stop stirring, but occasionally swirl the saucepan to make sure the sugar is being caramelized evenly.
- When you see bubbles forming at the edges of the saucepan, remove from heat.
- Pour the caramel in a 9″ baking pan.
- Carefully arrange the fruits on the caramel any way you like, keep aside.
- *To prevent the banana from turning brown, brush with lemon juice.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a different bowl, beat the butter with sugar until well combined.
- Add an egg at a time and beat until combined.
- Add the lemon juice to the milk and keep aside.
- Add half of the flour to the egg butter mixture, and stir gently.
- Pour half the milk mixture to the batter, and stir gently.
- Repeat the previous two steps. Pour the batter in your baking pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes. In some ovens, it may take up to 45 minutes. The cake is done when the surface is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Leave the cake in the pan for 5 minutes, and then flip on your serving plate.