Inspiration comes from different places, and at times, it comes from within. This might sound crazy to you, but my inspiration today came from a jar.
I’ve received Olive Red Bell Pepper Spread from Penna, and I couldn’t believe how a spread can taste so good. The olives and olive oil are rich and of high quality, the combination of spices was amazing, and the red bell pepper was succulent. It’s a delicious appetizer.
I didn’t taste any chemicals, just fresh ingredients. My family and I loved it, we had this spread on chicken with rice, freshly baked bread, and even used it as an ingredient in a pasta dish, it’s a winner each time.
I knew that Penna’s olives are good, but I’ve never used their spreads before. It should be in every kitchen.
After enjoying Olive Red Bell Pepper Spread, the images of bell pepper, beef, and olives kept on bouncing in my head, and slowly a recipe started to form. I wasn’t sure how the outcome will be, but I gave it a try anyway.
1 cup of beef cut in small cubes
1 cup long grain rice washed and soaked
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon flour
Salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 clove garlic minced
1 yellow bell pepper chopped
1/2 cup pitted green olives
3 cups boiling water
– Add flour to the beef and mix well.
– Fry the beef in sunflower oil until brown. Remove from heat and keep aside.
– In a different pan, add olive oil and fry the onion, when translucent add the beef, stir for 2 minutes, and then add one cup boiling water.
– When the water evaporates, add the spices, tomato paste, garlic, and salt.
– Stir for two minutes, add 2 cups boiling water.
– When it comes to a boil, add the bell pepper, olives, and rice.
– Let it come to a boil again. Reduce heat to the lowest, cover the rice and let it cook for 20 minutes or until done.
Penna – Great Olives, will send one lucky winner a jar of Parmesan Asiago Dip.
Parmesan-Asiago Dip is the perfect blend of flavors to compliment raw vegetables, breads, & crackers. Made from Parmesan and Asiago cheeses with extra virgin olive oil and spices. You can also use it in place of mayonnaise in your favorite pasta salad or potato salad. Speaking of potatoes, try a teaspoon in your mashed potatoes. Use it in place of mayo on your favorite sandwich.
To enter this giveaway you have to:
– Like Penna on Facebook.
To increase your chances of winning, you can do any of the following:
– Follow Penna on Twitterand tweet about this giveaway.
– Visit Penna’s website, comeback here and tell us in the comment section, what other product caught your eyes.
Winner will be announced on August 12, 2012.
Don’t forget to follow me, to get updates on different giveaways and new recipes.