Hi beautiful people! What’s for dinner? I made some tender and delicious pepper steak. I’ve added lots of onions and peppers, I also made a yummy sauce for it.
Pepper Steak Easy Recipe
You have a favorite cut of steak and you like it cooked either medium, medium rare, or well done, right? I enjoy steak too and my favorite cut is chuck but I like my meat juicy and tender, so in this recipe, we won’t cook the meat for 12 minutes because I want it to almost melt in my mouth.
Let’s not fight over how to cook steaks, none of us will win since everyone has his own taste when it comes to cooking and food.
In this post, I will share how I made mine and you have the choice to follow your method of cooking steak, but I can promise you one thing, it will taste heavenly anyways!
You can use white meat instead.
Oh, and if you don’t like red meat you can use chicken or fish. The sauce used in this recipe goes well with any type of meat you wish to use.
When I share a recipe with you, I like for you to try it as is and then add your touch to it, this is what I do with the recipes I feel like trying. Cooking the dish as per the recipe you have, gives you an idea of how the combination of ingredients will taste, according to the outcome you can add or omit ingredients.
The ingredients below are easily found in your kitchen and I guess you know what I’ll say next!
Run to the kitchen and make this dish tonight!
In case you want more dinner ideas, check below:
Let’s make some Pepper Steak!
- 1 lbs chuck steak cut in medium slices
- 1 large onion cut in medium strips
- ½ green bell pepper cut in medium strips
- ½ red bell pepper cut in medium strips
- 1 leveled teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 cup water
- 3 tablespoon oil
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce (I used low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder (you can use fresh)
- In a pan, add three tablespoon oil and fry the chuck in two batches until brown on both sides. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same oil fry the onion until translucent. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same pan, fry the bell peppers for few seconds and keep aside.
- Add the fried chuck back to the pan, Season the chuck with salt and black pepper. Add two cups water and let it cook on medium heat for 45 minutes or until the meat is tender. Add water if the meat is still tough and continue cooking.
- When the meat is done add the onion and bell pepper.
- Mix the sauce ingredients and pour over the steak, stir until the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot.
For more recipes follow me on Pinterest!