Winter is here, and my body is not yet used to it. Back home (in the Middle East) winter can be cold but not like how it is in The States. I learned that the secret to staying warm, is to put on layers of clothes, one thick coat won’t do it. But there is a good side to winter. I love watching the snow falls, I like to watch this beautiful scene while sipping on some spiced Mocha Hot Chocolate.
Mocha Hot Chocolate
Mocha Hot Chocolate keeps me warm for long time, and I get to enjoy a little caffeine from the coffee.
Nutmeg adds some heat to the flavor, and if you like to omit nutmeg, you can use cinnamon and you’ll enjoy this drink just the same.
I don’t have a frothing machine, I poured quarter cup of milk in my NutriBullet, let it spin like crazy until the milk doubled in volume, and that did the trick!
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hash tag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
As for my recipe, here you go!
- 1 ½ teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 6 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon + two teaspoon sugar (you can adjust it to your liking)
- 2 cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- In a small bowl, add the coffee, cocoa powder, sugar, nutmeg, and 4 tablespoon from the milk. Mix until well combined.
- Heat the milk. When it comes to a boil add the cocoa mixture and stir for two minutes on medium heat.
- Pour the mixture in your cup, add some milk froth, and sprinkle with nutmeg.