I was in the kitchen trying to play around with Ragú’s Sausage & Peppers recipe. I made up my mind on making mini sandwiches best served at parties, when I started gathering all the ingredients, my friend called and said she’s coming over for lunch!
She is Persian and loves to eat, if I served her a mini sandwich, hell will let loose. She has one-hour lunch break and I didn’t want her to wait for food, yet I wanted to serve her a good meal.
Smoked turkey sausage with rice, took less than 30 minutes and I had time to prepare a light dessert too.
The taste and the richness of Ragú’s Sauce worked amazingly with this recipe resulting in a mouth-watering dish, which has a hint of Persian flavor.
Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce has 11 whole tomatoes in it. It’s what makes it a rich, thick, and a tasty sauce. Check out Ragú on Facebook for more amazing recipes.
Visit http://www.RaguSweeps.com to enter the Ragú Better and Better Sweepstakes for a chance to win great Authentic Italian themed prizes and a grand prize trip to Venice for a family of four.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) 18 years and older. Ends 5/6/14. To enter and for Official Rules, including odds, alternate method of entry, and prize descriptions, visit http://www.RaguSweeps.com. Void where prohibited.
This post is sponsored by, Ragú® Official New Tra-Dish. The opinions are mine.
Sausage n Rice
Serves 2. 432 per serving.
1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
1/2 cup Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce
1 medium onion chopped
2 teaspoons olive oil
6 oz smoked turkey sausage chopped
1/2 bell pepper chopped
Black pepper powder
1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 cup hot water
6 toasted almonds sliced
– Soak rice in cold water. Keep aside.
– In a hot pan, add the olive oil and onions, when translucent add the sausage and bell pepper, cook for three minutes.
– Add Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce. Season the sauce with salt, black pepper, cardamom, and cinnamon.
– Pour the hot water and when it comes to a boil, add the rice. Cover with aluminum foil then with the lid. Let it cook on very low flame. It will be ready in 15 -18 minutes.
– When serving, garnish with toasted almonds.