After a good workout, your body will feel very warm. You need something to keep your energy boosted yet give you that ahhh feeling.
I turn to my Blueberry Smoothie most of the time, in fact it is what my body needs after I workout and I can feel it taking me through my recovery phase.
This smoothie is good for many reasons. Beside giving me an energy boost, it actually worked amazingly for my skin and my digestive system. Blueberries and bananas are two amazing fruits, combine them with honey, and you get a magic potion.
I’m not exaggerating, and here is why:
– Blueberries strengthen the immune system, since antioxidants found in them are more than any other fresh fruits or vegetables.
– One serving of blueberries gives you 25 percent of your daily value of vitamin C.
– Blueberries reduce the risk of heart diseases.
– Blueberries break down belly fat.
– Blueberries improve your memory.
– Blueberries lower blood sugar.
– Bananas improve your mood.
– Bananas work on healing muscles after working out.
– Bananas improve your digestion.
– Banana is the fruit you should eat between meals, to stabilize blood sugar.
– Bananas are high in vitamin B6.
– Honey prevents heart disease.
– Honey improves the skin.
– Honey helps in improving your performance while working out.
– Honey helps you relax and improve your sleep.
– Honey is anti fungal.
Energy Boosting Blueberry Smoothie
Serves one. 284 calories.
1/2 cup blueberries frozen or fresh
1/2 a banana
1 cup chilled low fat milk
3 tablespoons yogurt
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon honey
– Add all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Note: You can always adjust the sweetness and texture of your smoothie to your taste.