When you workout hard you need to treat yourself with a healthy and scrumptious meal. Today I’m bringing you just that. Chicken with Mushroom and Brown Lentils.
As in all my recipes, I’m very particular about flavor and cooking time. I understand that like me you must be busy either at home or at work.
If you are not fond of cooking yet want a complete meal, this dish comes to the rescue. It’s done in no time, filling, full of nutrients, and best of all delicious.
Making Chicken with Mushroom and Brown Lentils.
When I was approached by Ragú®, and was asked to add my own spin to one of their recipes, I immediately picked Skillet Chicken Cacciatore.
Ragú® has the Authentic Italian taste American family’s love and a variety of great tasting, quick and easy to make family favorite recipes. Each jar of Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce is made with 11 juicy tomatoes making it its richest, thickest recipe.
Please visit their Facebook page for more amazing and easy to make recipes. While at it, don’t forget to check other sauce flavors made by Ragú®.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) 18 years and older. Ends 5/6/14. To enter and for Official Rules, including odds, alternate method of entry, and prize descriptions, visit www.RaguSweeps.com. Void where prohibited.
This post is sponsored by, Ragú® Official New Tra-Dish. The opinions are mine.
- ½ cup Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce
- 2 skinless chicken thighs cut into bite sizes (56gm each)
- 1 cup mushroom chopped
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ½ cup boiled brown lentils
- ¼ cup hot water
- Black pepper
- In a hot pan, add the butter and olive oil. Add the chicken and cook until the chicken gets light brown patches.
- Add the mushrooms. When the mushrooms turn brown add the scallion. Stir until the mushroom is thoroughly cooked. Add Ragú® sauce and stir.
- Add hot water and the boiled lentils. Season with black pepper and salt. When it starts to bubble turn off heat.
Follow me on Instagram.