I serve this Chicken Potato Casserole to my family when we are under the weather. It hardly takes time to prepare and it is light on your stomach too. What I like about this casserole is not only the simplicity but also the different flavors coming from its ingredients. The sweetness of the onion combined with the creamy texture the garlic takes after it’s cooked is just so soothing, along with the soft potatoes which have absorbed the seasoning and aroma.
What else I like about this dish? I can mash the potato and have it with the chicken instead of bread or rice. As I have mentioned in my other posts which have potatoes as the main ingredient, One medium potato (5.3 oz) with the skin contains:
45 percent of the daily value for vitamin C
More potassium (620 mg) than even bananas, spinach, or broccoli;
10 percent of the daily value of B6;
Trace amounts of thiamine, riboflavin, folate, magnesium, phosphorous, iron, and zinc
…and all this for just 110 calories and no fat, sodium or cholesterol.
This information and more can be found at Potato Goodness, please visit this website and I hope you change your mind about this healthy vegetable.
Chicken Potato Casserole
Serves 5. 350 calories per serving.
3 medium potatoes peeled
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
Salt to taste
450gm skinless chicken thighs
450gm skinless chicken legs
1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
3 medium onions cut in cubes
7 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup orange juice
3 cups hot water
– Preheat oven to 425F/220C.
– In a bowl, mix together chicken, spices, and salt. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
– In a different bowl, add orange juice, olive oil, and flour. Mix well.
– Add the salt and hot water and stir to combine.
– Place the seasoned chicken in a baking pan.
– Add potato, onion, chili, and garlic to the chicken.
– Pour the orange water mixture on the chicken and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
– Serve hot.