They say that Author’s brain is highly active at night. An idea comes to his head and he jumps on his typewriter/laptop and writes down all those scenes pouring like rain.
I guess the same happens to us foodies. I will all ready to go to bed, and sometimes already in bed, suddenly a new recipe finds its way to my head. Should I ignore it and go to sleep? No way!
Can I make a chocolate cupcake, fill it with cheesecake, and keep it low in calorie? What if I baked a chocolate cupcake and topped it with cheesecake? These questions called upon more questions.
In no time, I was standing in the kitchen, going through the cabinets, making sure I have all the ingredients I might need. The last thing I had to decide on was to top the cupcakes with cheesecake or fill them with it.
I couldn’t wait for the morning to come and share my hard work with my loved ones, after all, my joy of cooking is nothing compared to the joy I feel when my family enjoys my food. These cupcakes were a hit and are perfect for romantic occasions.
I settled on filling some cupcakes with cheesecake and topped the rest with it.
Wait! There is a giveaway Casabella is giving away a set of 6 standard size Muffin cups to 2 winners.
The Muffin Cups are made of the highest quality FDA/LMBG Approved Food Grade Silicone.You can serve the cupcakes in Casabella colorful Muffin Cups (great idea for parties.)
They are non stick, so you can make your cupcakes, muffins, cheesecake, and they will come out easy every time, this also means no fuss when cleaning, in fact, you can just place them in you dishwasher.
They are re-usable which is great for the environment, and long lasting.
Casabella Muffin Cups can take 58 degrees F to 500 degrees F.
To enter this giveaway all you have to do is:
Like Casabella on Facebook.
Follow Casabella on Twitter.
And let me know through the comment box below.
This Giveaway is for USA residents only, and will close on February 15th 2013.
Chocolate Cupcake Filled with Cheesecake.
Serves 12, each cupcake is 141 calories
For the Chocolate Cupcake:
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons coco powder
4 Tablespoons milk
7 Tablespoons brown sugar
2 Teaspoons baking powder
1 Medium egg
1/2 Teaspoon vanilla
4 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon yogurt
Pinch of salt
1 Cup cream cheese (I used Philadelphia light, in some countries it’s called lightest.)
1/4 Cup sugar
1/4 Teaspoon vanilla
1 medium egg white
Making the Cheesecake:
– In a bowl beat all the ingredients together until well combined.
Making the Chocolate Cupcakes:
– Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
– In bowl, whisk together flour, coco powder, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
– Make a well in the previous mixture. Add the egg, vanilla, yogurt, oil, and milk.
– Whisk the wet ingredients until combined, then slowly start mixing it with the dry ingredients. (Do not over mix and do not mind the lumps, if there were any.)
To fill the cupcakes with cheesecake:
– Pour a small amount of cake batter in cupcake liners, add the cheesecake mixture, then top it with cake batter filling about 3/4 the cupcake liner.
To top the cupcakes with cheesecake:
– Pour the cake batter to fill half the cupcake liner, and then add the enough cheesecake mixture, to fill 3/4 of the cupcake liner.
– Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
Note: These cupcakes should be kept in the fridge.