You can cook these burgers in a nonstick pan or on a grill.
So let’s get going!
Serves 2. One serving 195 calories
170gm lean ground beef (95%lean and 5% fat)
1 tablespoon minced onion
1 minced garlic clove
1 tablespoon bread crumb (I’ve used fresh)
1 teaspoon olive oil
– To large bowl, add all ingredients.
– Mix gently, which will allow beef to stay fluffy and tender when cooked.
– Shape into 2 patties about 1 inch high. Cover and freeze 10 minutes. (When making a patty, do not compress meat. Otherwise, the burger will take longer to cook and will not remain juicy.)
– Grill burgers 4-5 minutes on each side. Do not press burger as it cooks, because this will release juices and the burger will become tough.
– Remove burgers when done. Cover immediately and wait at least 5 minutes before serving. This will allow the beef to rest, hold its shape, and strengthen the flavor.