Juicy, tender, and tasty burger is what you’ll get when you follow this recipe. It is simple and done in no time, but it’s important that you keep in mind the tips I shared in the method.
The calories calculated do not include the bread and the vegetables. So be creative add your own favorite toppings but keep the calories within your daily caloric intake.
This recipe can be used with ground chicken or turkey, all you have to change is the cooking time.
You can cook these burgers in a nonstick pan or on a grill.
So let’s get going!
Serves 2. One serving 195 calories
170gm lean ground beef (95%lean and 5% fat)
1 tablespoon minced onion
1 minced garlic clove
1 tablespoon bread crumb (I’ve used fresh)
1 teaspoon olive oil
- To large bowl, add all ingredients.
- Mix gently, which will allow beef to stay fluffy and tender when cooked.
- Shape into 2 patties about 1 inch high. Cover and freeze 10 minutes. (When making a patty, do not compress meat. Otherwise, the burger will take longer to cook and will not remain juicy.)
- Grill burgers 4-5 minutes on each side. Do not press burger as it cooks, because this will release juices and the burger will become tough.
- Remove burgers when done. Cover immediately and wait at least 5 minutes before serving. This will allow the beef to rest, hold its shape, and strengthen the flavor.