I hate when the weather changes, it means someone will fall sick and this time it’s me. I promised myself to drink herbal tea in the morning every morning, usually that helps, but I forgot and now I’m paying for it, hence the very short post!
Let’s forget about my suffering and talk about these fluffy banana pancakes. I don’t mind plain pancakes, but having fruits in pancakes is something else. Blueberry, apple, strawberry, or banana, they enhance the taste of pancakes and make them healthier.
You can top these pancakes with sugar-free maple syrup, honey (which I would go for), or even jam.
When pouring syrup or honey, Keep in mind that these pancakes are already sweet because of the ripe bananas used.
Banana pancake –calories
Serves 6. One pancake 82 calories
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 medium banana ripe (around half cup when mashed)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 medium egg white
1 whole medium egg
1/4 cup low-fat milk
- In a bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt. Keep aside.
- In another bowl add the eggs, mashed banana, vanilla, and beat well.
- Add the flour to the wet ingredients and stir gently, add the milk and stir for three seconds. You’ll see lumps but just ignore them and don’t over mix.
- Heat a non-stick pan, pour 1/4 cup of the batter. When bubbles appear and the edges look dry, flip the pancake and cook on the other side for 1 minute on medium heat.
- Keep the finished pancakes covered to stay moist.
- Serve hot.