I’d like to have some BBQ chicken and I know I can’t full fill this urge right now. It’s cold outside and I mean really cold, but the craving for BBQ chicken is so strong I can smell it
This cold weather made me feel trapped inside my house. I can’t have a BBQ this evening too, so I’ve decided to bake some Asian Chicken wings.
This recipe gives an Asian taste and smoky flavor to the chicken wings. I’m sure it will be one of your favorite knowing that it’s low in calories as well.
Baked Asian Chicken Wings
Serves 2. Calories per serving 285
8 whole wings skinless
1 tablespoon honey
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
4 garlic cloves chopped
1 teaspoon corn starch
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
1 inch ginger chopped
- Mix all ingredients except the chicken wings in a bowl and leave aside for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 374F/190C.
- Remove skin from all the drumettes. Wash and dry.
- Place the wings in a nonstick baking pan. You can use parchment or aluminum foil if not using a nonstick baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. You’ll notice the wings have released some fat and water, drain it. Now turn the wings and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven. Don’t turn off the oven.
- Mix the wings with the marinade and return the wings in the baking pan.
- Bake for 4 minutes, then mix the wings using a spoon, return to oven and bake for another 4 minutes.
Note: Do not over bake the chicken wings, or the garlic will burn and will taste bitter.