Today’s post will bring happiness to all my beautiful sisters. Buttermilk Chocolate Cake, it’s so moist and light you just won’t believe it. 110 calories per slice, isn’t this a gift on its own?
What I like about this cake is that you can have it as is with a glass of milk, but you can also convert it to a birthday cake with chocolate frosting.
This cake can be stored in the fridge, and If you want to indulge, then warm up a slice and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, Hmmmm, maybe with some chocolate sauce. (I’m being naughty here but it tastes amazing.)
My family love this cake and don’t bother to add frosting or cream.
Chocolate needs some romance, don’t you think?
I had a slice of Buttermilk Chocolate Cake while reading High Tide for Maureen A.Miller, and I’ve enjoyed every bite, I mean every chapter
Maureen is an amazing author, it was a pleasure reading one of her exceptional creations. In High Tide She made the two main characters meet at the beach, I was hooked exactly from there. The characters were strong and felt so real. Maureen’s description makes you actually see everything as if watching a movie on TV.
High Tide is not only about romance, it has suspense and more going on. Please get this book if you are in romance and suspense, you will enjoy it for sure.
Read High Tide excerpt.
Buy High Tide.
But wait I’m not done! There is a giveaway too
Programmable Coffeemaker from Mr.Coffee
One winner will enjoy making coffee in this beauty. It has:
- On/off indicator light lets you know when your coffeemaker is on or off
- Removable filter basket lifts out for fast and easy filling and cleaning
- Brewing pause ‘n serve lets you pour a cup of coffee while the coffeemaker is still brewing.
- Dual water window shows the amount of water in the reservoir for accurate filling
To enter this Giveaway all you have to do is:
1 – Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, if you are already a subscriber just mention so in the comments below.
2 – For multiple entries, like MunatyCooking Page on Facebook.
3 – You have to be USA residents.
Giveaway ends on October 18, 2013.
The winner is Mya Murphy.
Buttermilk Chocolate Cake
Makes 12 slices, each slice is 110 calories.
1 cup minus 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
9 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoons oil
5 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup hot water
Pinch of salt
1 medium egg
1/2 cup milk add to it 2 teaspoons lemon juice, keep aside for 5 minutes. (this is your low calorie buttermilk)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180C/ 356F.
- In a bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients except sugar and keep aside.
- In a different bowl beat the egg with vanilla, sugar, oil, and butter milk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well. (Do not over mix or the cake will be tough).
- Add the hot water and stir well.
- Pour in a nonstick pan, or lightly greased baking pan, and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Note: If you love more chocolaty cake, use dark chocolate coco powder.