I feel so fresh after taking sometime off! I’m back to blogging and today I’m sharing a delicious dish developed in my humble kitchen.
I’m not sure what’s all the hype about low carb diet. If you try to take my rice and pasta away from me, we’re going to have a big fight, and I’ll win too
I am aware that when carbs are not burned, they turned into sugar and then into fat. Can we stop here for a minute and think, what if you burned the carb you ate?
The book of my life tells me that carbs and fats don’t make you gain weight, what makes you gain weight is eating too much of them and not moving, in other words, workout and eat in moderation.
To make things easier, let’s take today’s dish, it has 476 calories, which an average person can burn by brisk walking for 4 miles or 60 minutes.
Now let’s talk about Chicken with Rice and Zucchini, if you like mild spices you’ll love this dish. I’ve chosen a good mix of spices, which will flavor the rice so much that you wouldn’t mind skipping the chicken.
It’s an easy recipe and tastes great, it will fill you up for sure. Don’t forget to include the calories in your daily caloric intake.
Chicken with Rice and Zucchini
Serves 2. One serving is 476 calories
2 skinless chicken thighs – 200gm
2 skinless chicken legs – 190 gm
1/2 cup long grain white rice
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup sliced zucchini
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 medium onion
2 minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder (use less if not fond of very spicy food)
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- Soak the rice in lukewarm water for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Add oil to medium size pan, when hot add the onion, and stir until translucent.
- Add the chicken and cook until the onion turns light brown. Pour 1/2 cup hot water and cover. Cook until water evaporates.
- Add the garlic and stir for one minute, now add 2 cups hot water, this will thoroughly cook the chicken. Let it cook until all water evaporates.
- Add 1 1/4 cup hot water, the spices, salt, zucchini, and the tomato paste, when it comes to a boil add the rice then reduce the heat to lowest and cover the rice. Let it cook for twenty minutes.
- Serve hot.