However, when that craving for a good pizza hit and no matter what you do, the smell and image of pizza keep haunting you, you go for low calorie pizza
The pizza dough I’m sharing today can be used for thick crust or thin, and it tastes better than the store bought. I have used high quality and fresh ingredients, which I advise everyone to do, in order to get delicious outcome, although it is vegetarian pizza but you’ll enjoy every bite of it.
I’ve used Melissa’s sun dried tomato to add more flavor while cutting down the calories. The mozzarella cheese used here is whole, so if you are a cheese lover and need more cheese on your pizza, go for low fat, or skim mozzarella cheese.
So let’s start!
Sun Dried Tomato Pizza
Serves 2. One serving is 400 calories.
For the dough:
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup warm water (you may need less)
1 tsp active yeast
Little less than 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp sugar
For the sauce:
3 tablespoons ketchup or tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the topping:
5 tablespoons shredded mozzarella
1 tablespoon sliced sun dried tomato
1/2 medium onion thinly sliced
1/2 green pepper thinly sliced
1 tablespoon sliced black olives
*Making the dough
- In a bowl add 1/4 cup warm water, add active yeast, salt, sugar, olive oil, and mix well.
- Add the flour, mix using a spatula, then start kneading the dough. If your dough is dry, add a tablespoon of water at a time.
- Knead the dough for 5 to 7 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Brush the dough with 1/4 teaspoon olive oil, cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, and leave it in a warm place to double in size, might take around an hour.
- When double in size, knead for few seconds then shape the dough into a disc. Dent the edges of the dough using your fingers.
- Press and stretch the middle of the dough until you get a 9.5″ diameter pizza crust. you can use a rolling pin.
- Fork the center of the crust few times, cover, and let it rest for 20 minutes.
*Making the sauce
- Mix the ketchup or tomato paste with thyme, black pepper, and salt.
*Making the pizza
– Preheat oven to 464F/240C.
- Spread the sauce on the crust, stay 1″ away from the edges.
- Add the onions, then the green peppers, then the sun dried tomato.
- Add few slices of olive then the cheese, then rest of the olives.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes. Depending on your oven, you might want to bake for 8 minutes or more than 10. The key here is, when the bottom of the crust is golden in color your pizza is done.