When I am done with all my chores and can spare a peaceful moment alone, I’d like to sit in my hiding place (Oh yes, I have one), sip my strong black coffee and nibble on something sweet. Today I just did that.
These light, moist, and scrumptious slices of pound cake have 115 calories in each slice. You have to include these calories in your daily caloric intake and believe me, it will not add an extra inch to your waist. Moderation is the key.
I have modified this recipe and made it light, also controlled the serving size so my family can enjoy their favorite dessert without me feeling guilty. The best part is, this pound cake tastes exactly like the regular pound cake.
I’m not asking you to have pound cake often, but go for this recipe and serving size to control how much you consume.
Light Pound Cake
Makes 12 slices. 115 calories per slice.
3/4 cup cake flour
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
6 1/2 Tablespoons butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 whole medium egg
1 1/2 Tablespoons milk
1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 350F/ 180C.
- In medium bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy and lighter in color.
- Add vanilla, egg, milk, and egg white to butter mixture. Beat 2 minutes on high speed.
- Add flour mixture. Beat on lowest speed, no more than 10 seconds.
- Pour cake batter into 8″x4.5″ nonstick or lightly greased baking pan.
- Place on one rack above middle in the oven. Bake 17 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle of cupcake comes out clean.
- Let cool on cooling rack.