It is loved, craved for, and desired by many. It’s Spaghetti Bolognese. It’s now low calorie and ready for you to enjoy.
To be honest, this is one dish, which I wish I could have without any restrictions. I enjoy spaghetti more than any other type of pasta, and with this sauce, I’d have a big bowl.
When we talk portion control, people frown and I don’t blame them. We are so used big size servings, that our brain can’t except smaller servings as an ideal amount to fill us up.
From my experience, after two weeks of portion control, the body (my body) was adjusted to the new portions, and I’m not interested in snacking, well at least not as much as before. It is difficult but not impossible, so why not start controlling your portions today.
You’ll see amazing results in just few days!
Serves 2. One serving is 464 calories
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon olive oil
8 oz (200 gm) ground beef
1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
Salt and black pepper
1 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
1 cup boiling water
2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups cooked, whole wheat spaghetti
– Fry onion in olive oil until translucent.
– Add beef. Stir until water from beef evaporates.
– Reduce heat to medium. Add carrots, garlic, oregano, chili powder, salt, and black pepper. Stir for 2 minutes.
– Add chopped tomatoes. Continue to cook and stir, for 4 minutes.
– Add tomato paste. Stir for 3 minutes.
– Add boiling water. Allow mixture to simmer for few minutes.
– Sprinkle 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese on each serving.
*Note: To make this dish look fancy I didn’t mix the sauce with the pasta, but it is best to do so, since the whole wheat spaghetti is little dry, and mixing it with the sauce while hot, will allow it to absorb the flavor of the sauce, making this dish tastes great.